Longboard Distance Journeys:
- In 2010 Ari longboarded from Newport, Oregon to New York, New York totaling almost 3,000 miles using much of the route that Jack Smith used to skate across the USA previously. The trip was video taped and edited by Ari into five episodes.
- In 2012 Ari longboarded from Santa Cruz, California to San Diego, CA totaling almost 600 miles with no support vehicle.
- In 2012/2013 Ari completed B4BC’s Skate the Coast, 18 miles from Santa Monica, CA to Redondo Beach, CA.
Both long distance longboard trips were to raise money and awareness towards at-risk youth charities chosen by the organization SkateAcrossUSA.
SkateAcrossUSA was started by Ari to give back to the world and to the longboard community. Ari and his journeys have been featured on ScrapedPalms, Silverfishlongboarding, SkateSlate, Wheelbase, Transworld, True Skateboard Magazing, Boardinary Life, Bustin, Longboard Loft NYC, Loaded, CW, NBC, SkateFurther, Beach & Bay Press, and many more.
SkateAcrossUSA has been sponsored and supported by many of the biggest companies in the longboard industry, Muirskate, Subsonic, GFH, Seismic, Fireball, Bustin, Drang, ScrapedPalms, Dekline, Original, Rayne, Tekton, S-One, Jessup, Time Ship Racing, and Buck Trucks.
Longboard Content Writing:
- Ari has written articles that have been featured on Silverfish, SkateAcrossUSA, and ScrapedPalms. Articles have been about, contests, event recap, gear reviews, safety, and more.
- Ari created and hosts the websites for Dranglongboards, Magic, SkateAcrossUSA, and ScrapedPalms.
Longest distance per day with full pack and no support: 70 Miles (Long Beach, CA to San Diego, CA)
Tested prototype boards for: Drang, Original, Subsonic